• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by canbeam

1. canbeam

Parcel Shelf Pear Panel.

For Sale Series V Alpine, parcel shelf rear panel. This is the panel that hides the soft top. This panel looks like an original uninstalled panel, or someone was unbelievably careful removing it from a car. To my untrained body man eye, I couldn’t see any marks or evidence of spot welds. Some...
  2. canbeam

There's no accounting for ______.

If a stock hood. or one with a small hood scoop would fit, it would be a decent price for a driver, but there is no way that would work with the current engine location. I did contact the guy, and that is the way the car was when he bought it. It is all metal btw. A friend of mine, when we...
  3. canbeam

Recommendation for wiring harness

Is Pete's Wiring closed or did he change his web address or business name? I Googled it the web site and it looks like the domain name is for sale
  4. canbeam

TEAE UNITED 39 OAKVILLE, ONTARIO, CANADA SEPT 15-18, 2022

Don't worry about the airport regulations as they are different than land border crossings and that update you quoted doesn't apply when you are driving in. All you need to do is fill in the free ArriveCan form online or download the App, where you enter your passport number and proof that you...
  5. canbeam

UNITED 39 REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN! Oakville, Ontario, Canada September 15-18, 2022 Attendance is expected from all over North America. The organizers for British Car Day are anticipating the largest group of British cars ever, and that is saying a lot as they have hit over 1200 cars and 9,000...
  6. canbeam

If you haven’t already done so and you are planning to attend, please complete our survey. The TEAE United 39 Organizing Committee is hard at work planning our upcoming event to be held in Oakville, Ontario, Canada September 15-18, 2022 Our event in Oakville will be held the in conjunction...
  7. canbeam

Less than two weeks and almost all of the rooms in the reserved block are booked. We're trying to increase the room numbers, but no guarantees, so book it now if you want to stay at the host hotel...... At this rate we are starting to think we may hit triple digits in Sunbeam and Rootes cars at...
  8. canbeam

UNITED 39 Hotel Registration Is Now Open!!! Book Your Room ASAP As They Will Go Fast!! The host hotel is the Holiday Inn Oakville. Holiday Inn Oakville (Centre) 590 Argus Road Oakville, Ontario L6J 3J3 Canada There are several ways to make your reservations. The simplest way to book your...
  9. canbeam

September 15 to 18, 2022 United 39

Watching from the wings, it looks like SUNI VII was a great time, and I congratulate and thank the organizers and Clubs for planning and hosting the event. These events are very important to the interest and sustainability of the Sunbeam/Rootes marques. Now that SUNI is in the rear view...
  10. canbeam

I have a soft top header piece. Let me know if interested and can't find one locally. Cheers Ron

I have a soft top header piece. Let me know if interested and can't find one locally. Cheers Ron
  11. canbeam

Wanted Replacement Floor Pans

Dave Lameront, here in Ontario, Canada is still stamping them out, other than currently as the stamping plant is closed due to covid, likely for a few months. If I'm not mistaken, I heard he supplied Martel for his floor pans. I've never bought any, but have heard good things about them.
  12. canbeam

Jokes and funny stories

I am having a problem with a kidney stone so my doctor told me to drink at least 4-6 large glasses a day of that stuff to help flush it through the system. What should I do??? ;)
  13. canbeam

'65 Alpine w/auto. trans on eBay

I recall reading somewhere that there were only 14 automatics made, all Series IV. Anyone have accurate stats?
  14. canbeam

Early Series Parts

Any good early gas tank?