• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recent content by Cali_59

1. Cali_59

Halogen headlights

First off, wow! What a great photograph! so clean! I hope mine can someday look this good!. My current lights are both different colors, just the way it came. I Will do the bat to relay as you wisely suggest! Can you recall which relay I will need?
  2. Cali_59

Halogen headlights

Thanks for the tip Jerry!
  3. Cali_59

Halogen headlights

I am wanting to install PLs with halogen bulbs, There are 2 similar styles I like on Ebay, any thought on one or the other? Should I install a lighting relay to handle them? ,,or is it not an issue? I also have fog lights but have actually never used them. they are original Lucas. #1...
  4. Cali_59

Clearing 10 years of spares

I can't seem to find you on ebay, how does one search for a seller on ebay?.. For that matter how does one PM? I am interested in the radio and surround. Cheers, Chris
  5. Cali_59

Overdrive Relay

Thanks Tom!! Been away fromany computer for a while. Back now and eager to dig into this!!
  6. Cali_59

Anyone had Gearbox rebuild in LA, CA

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunbeam-Alpine-Series-1-4-1959-1965-NOS-Rootes-Group-Gearbox-3rd-4th-Shift-Fork/283464636962?fits=Model%3AAlpine%7CMake%3ASunbeam&hash=item41ffcf1a22:g:8O4AAOSwPK1ZVdtI
  7. Cali_59

Early Sunbeam Alpine Hardtop Rear Window Seal

Rick, I just don't see how the trim pieces, (my photo), fits over or into that triangular cut out. but if you say it does. but the real question is, is it obtainable?
  8. Cali_59

here is a cross section image of the trim..
  9. Cali_59

interesting diagram, is that channel the right shape to latch-in the trim? I though the trim has two separate sides that I assume would need to slip into grooves on either side. the groove in the diagram you posted Rick seems to have a cut out diamond shape.
  10. Cali_59

Overdrive Relay

Thanks Mike
  11. Cali_59

Overdrive Relay

I got my sticker and a new SBR11 from the UK.. Just needa diagram on how to do the mod/ resistor and diode specs ( I see the resistor info)
  12. Cali_59

I am needing the same rubber. I was looking at this.. but need a camparison of what SS has and what Orig. looks like. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trim-Lok-EPDM-Dense-Rubber-Window-Locking-Gasket-and-Weather-Stripping-Window/202324962704?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
  13. Cali_59

Hub Puller

Cuppy, Do you have wire wheel spines?.. wondering if this one will work for me. Thanks! Chris
  14. Cali_59

now pretty

I received a 124.00 ticket for no front plate In the SF Bay Are (Oakland, where there is 1 meter officer for every 5 citizens...they are ruthless). I had to get a completely new set of plates from the DMV, which of course costs money. now I have my front plate.. Society is safe again!