• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

67BEAMR

My 16 year old summer; Dad trailered home a 1960 Sunbeam Alpine with the engine in pieces in the trunk and interior. The flywheel was behind the driver seat and no locking pin. I spent hours rationalizing how the pistons must move up and down in coordination with the valves. Visiting the library weekly for specifications. Assembly was fairly easy except for knowing the aluminum head must be machined and the flywheel must have the keyway pin(missing). After several starts and runs I inquired from Enmark auto repairs why the head gasket keep leaking? Therein learning more about the requirements. I drove it to school 3 months later and in 1968 splashed a wall of gutter water across 3 classrooms of waiting freshmen. After swim practice that same day someone had removed the valve cover and loosened all the tappets. Took me about 10 minutes to reset them. I wonder to this day if the perpetrators felt frfrustration?

Birthday
May 27, 1951 (Age: 72)
Interests
Events and modifications
Vehicle
1967 Sunbeam Alpine
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Followers

Trophies

1. 1

First Message

Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.