• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Carolina British Classics VI & SOS 2012

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Todd, What is the count so far ? Seems like we're going to have a pretty good showing.
See you Friday afternoon.
Got the Yella beam going?

Tom j

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the update guys. I hope those that are coming on Friday can be here by 6:00pm so you can join us downtown with the Scottish band "Celtic Commotion. We will leave the motel at 6:00pm.

Tom, I am so close to having it ready but I may not quite get there. It is just about all put together. I have the horn / steering surround to complete. Just took the carbs and manifold off due to a water leak. I will try hard but not sure if it will make the show.

See ya'll on Friday afternoon!

Cheers,

65beam

Donation Time
sos

todd,
we're leaving about 9:00 thursday am. we're stopping in charlotte tommorow night and we'll be in early friday depending on how many outlet malls we find. make sure the weather is nice.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
If you leave Charlotte and go I-85 towards Spartanburg there is a huge outlet mall in Gaffney SC. You can then take I-26 from Spartanburg to Columbia. That is about 45 minutes longer than just coming stright down I-77 from Charlotte to Columbia.

We have ordered good weather. Stray shower possible late Saturday night. The last few days we have been in the low 80's. Perfect Sunbeam weather!

See ya Friday at the host motel.

Cheers,

dmich2

Donation Time
Todd. I don't think 65beam really wanted any info on another outlet mall...........;)

Bringing Sweet Pea and step son this year. Hope to be at the hotel by 1 PM.

Hey Bull. Not bringing golf clubs this year. Too much going on with car to even think of getting in a round.

Dennis

dmich2

Donation Time
You can count on George to get you there Todd. The guy has more knowledge and baling wire than you can shake a stick at. ;) If anybody can get your Sunbeam there, he can.

See you tomorrow.

Dennis

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
We will be setting up the hospitality room around 4:00pm. Colds drinks for all FUNBEAMERS! If you have parts we will set them up then too.

Cheers,

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dennis, I just finished a round.. think I will take off a couple of weeks and then quit.
See you all tomorrow about 2-3 pm.

65beam

Donation Time
sos

we made it to statesville after spending two hours in a GMC dealer to clear a code on the suv. i got stuck behind a slow moving vehicle on I77 north of princeton,w va and when i pulled out to pass and the GMC downshifted going up the mountain number six cyl went lean and on came the check engine light. the scanner said i was at 92 % power and 72 mph when it downshifted. RPM's went wayyyy up. when the service manager pulled up the history by way of the vin he said something about this had happened a few times before. at least i didn't crack another exhaust manifold. i've done that three times . thank gosh for warranty work.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
We had a great turnout yesterday-nearly 20 cars including a Minx and a Husky. It was great seeing everyone again! Thanks to Todd for getting everyone together and thanks to Bob for these photos. If anyone else has photos please share them here. Let's all get together again at the Furman Show at the end of May. Eric

Attachments

• March 2012 Two Harringtons.jpg
    March 2012 Two Harringtons.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I want to thank each funbeamer that came out to play. The show had 130 cars and 20 of them were Sunbeams. I will be making a you tube video of the pictures I took and may finish it tonight. Thanks again for attending!

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
It was hard to compact a weekend of Sunbeam fun in to a 4 minute video but I packed it in. I hope you enjoyed yourself as much as we enjoyed having you here with us.

Eric and I will be glad to host the 7th annual S.O.S. next year again in conjunction with Carolina British Classics VII. If you did not come in 1st,
2nd or 3rd place I will be mailing your picture to you as soon as I receive them.
Enjoy the you tube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0RY7Cuau5E&feature=youtu.be

Cheers,

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Another good time, and what a turn out!

Fantastic job Todd and crew, thank Courtney for the video in the parts room.

Tom j

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Had a great time at Columbia Speedway this past week end.
Thanks to every one who gave their time and effort to make it happen.
First time I have ever seen 2 Harringtons at a show.
I like Sunbeams but the Daimler SP250 was special . Wanted to take it home.

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Here's a photo of my car at the Columbia show. A really good gathering of Sunbeams. Our group really does a great job, with the hospitality provided by Todd and Eric, and the obvious close community of the sunbeamers. I had a fellow tell me that he wanted to buy a Sunbeam just so he could hang out with us.

Attachments

• Sunbeam cola.jpg
    Sunbeam cola.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 26

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
I like Sunbeams but the Daimler SP250 was special . Wanted to take it home.

Doug,

That SP250 is a pretty cool car, but the one I want to bring home is YOUR car. That's the sweetest car around. Let me know how your P 1800 project goes (like them too).

Tom j

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks for the kind comment ,Tom. The 1800 sits for the time being but have done the gas tank. Cool thing is that it is equipped w/ AC.