• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Zenith Stromberg 150CD need carburetor float!

PINECAT

Donation Time
Help!

Have looked all over the country trying to find a float for the front carburetor on Series V stromberg. The existing plastic float is damaged and "not repairable" per the carburetor rebuilding shop. Anyone have some carburetor parts for this model?

Would be lots of help....

Thanks for any advice!!!

I've posted the float as my photo...

Looks different than the B19470 float, it is asymmetrical and has a single tab. Looks like I need to find a used one, so anyone with a parts carb, please let me know! Thank you

Miles Archer

Donation Time
Hi Pinecat,

Not sure I can help but I have a complete pair of stombergs off a SV still mounted on the stock manifold. These carbs removed from my car for a Weber conversion in the 80s. Not saying the carbs are good to go. Obviously, they needed a lot ow work or I wouldn't have opted for the Weber. I'm not sorry for the decision. I'm not interested in serious$ for the package but not interested in "parting them out" either. I'm not sure that after all this time sitting in my nice dry attic that they will help you for your float problem. Let me know and I will pull them down this weeken and look them over, take some pics, etc.

Jeff Howarth

Donation Time
Hi,

I have a box full of stromberg parts. Where are you located?
I will send you one for the cost of the postage.
Jeff