• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Your Horror moment...

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
Note that even the front tires are not mounted to the car. They are leaning against the wheels/tires that are already mounted on the front. Probably the back slicks are also not on the car. Why even consider it?

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
If you look at the website on which the picture is hosted, you can find two pics where the custom shop was deciding between a '70s hotrod theme or gasser look for the build.

http://oddballkustoms.com/?p=648

If they ever happen upon this site and end up reading these words, I vote for neither. Not that anyone asked.

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
If you look at the website on which the picture is hosted, you can find two pics where the custom shop was deciding between a '70s hotrod theme or gasser look for the build.

http://oddballkustoms.com/?p=648

If they ever happen upon this site and end up reading these words, I vote for neither. Not that anyone asked.

I'm with you Greggers. I, too vote for neither. I took a long look at the Oddball Customs site and while the guy does excellent, even beautiful work, I'm a purist through and through. But as you know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Still, it breaks my heart to see vintage cars, American or foreign, cut up into various autoepicene forms.

Chazbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
I'm with you Greggers. I, too vote for neither. I took a long look at the Oddball Customs site and while the guy does excellent, even beautiful work, I'm a purist through and through. But as you know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Still, it breaks my heart to see vintage cars, American or foreign, cut up into various autoepicene forms.

I agree with you guys...I think thats one of the reasons i posted it...to SCARE YA not to do it!..lol
I too cringe at Chopping up historical records....

Sad thing is today i got rear ended and lost a tail light and some body damage.... any one have some rear lights?

Chaz

Last edited: