• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Yikes, bolt identification please

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Series V have engine and transmission out to replace throw out bearing, this bolt escaped my labeling system and I can't seem to figure out where it goes, any help will be much appreciated.
Tom j

Attachments

• 20230724_150640.jpg
    20230724_150640.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thank you for the reply, although there's 3 threaded holes on the rear of the engine that the bolt fits in, on the bell housing that bolt doesn't pass through any hole. It seems the smooth shoulder is a bit larger than the shoulder next to the head. I've cleaned all the housing pass through holes but to no avail. I'm sure I'm missing something but...
Tom j

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Tom,

This hole in the block.

Try putting the bolt in the freezer for a while, till it is chilled to freezer temperature.

If that doesn't work, you might need to warm the hole with a heat gun before inserting the cold bolt.

Hope this helps,

Attachments

• alignment bolt 003 cropb.jpg
    alignment bolt 003 cropb.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
alrighty then, I wasn't expecting that. Thanks for the tips, trying them out soon.
Tom j

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
alrighty then, I wasn't expecting that. Thanks for the tips, trying them out soon.
Tom j

Just to make sure you notice because I forgot to rotate the picture, the block in the picture is UPSIDE DOWN.

That hole is on the right side of the block, not the starter side.

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yep, figured you just leaned over and took that picture cause when I did that it looked just like your photo. Tried the freezer tip and it fit just fine.
Thanks again, Tom j