• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

WT????? happened to eBay

dmich2

Donation Time
Is it just me, or has something awful happened with the eBay site?? I used to go on it all the time and type in " Sunbeam" and select eBay motors and easily look at what might be available out there. Now when I type in the same there's all kinds of other "useless" stuff under the search. Dash ornaments, ?? water bags?? This results in a huge increase in items. It's over 6,000 today. Have sellers begun adding "fits other makes and models" or "fits Talbot, Sunbeam" (when, yes I guess they could, but sometimes don't) and get all this stuff dumped into the Sunbeam ebay motors search. It doesn't even help to click on "vintage parts and accessories" sub category....it still includes stuff that was never there before.

What happened?

Dennis

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dennis, just checked mine and no problem.
I go to EBay motors and type in Sunbeam Alpine and get all the usual stuff.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Hi Dennis

... Yep! ... all kinds of unrelated stuff now ... ("Fits: More then one vehicle") is the sub-sub category culprit that's driving it ... got to wade through the chaff to get to the wheat! ...:eek:

.... David

RootesRooter

Donation Time
There's some sort of sub-section of the item description field that's hard to find unless you're an eBay devotee. That's where sellers paste a list of every make under the sun to get included on your Sunbeam Alpine search. Sometimes there's very little non-Sunbeam "junk," sometimes it takes up many pages. Very annoying, and eBay is not interested in doing anything about it.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
There are two ways to get rid of these sellers. Go to Advanced Search and uncheck "Search including Title and Description". This will only search titles, and skip the descriptions, which is where the spammers (at least, I consider these sellers to be nothing more than spammers) post every conceivable car. The other alternative is to keep a list of the companies who do this and, also in Advanced Search, exclude them from your search. I have done this in the past, but it has definitely gotten worse in recent weeks, so I just went through and identified a bunch of them, which I will happily share here for anyone who never wants to see these guys again:

autopartsexp orangetreeautoparts Joxauto cencalpartslingers partsmarvel randjautomotive autoplus778 phileocom foreignandimportautoparts autopartsexp2 automotivepartsales 1stcallautoparts autopartsdiscounter autopartsgenius allthingspdq spare-bike

Paste this list in your saved search and you'll be good, at least for a little while. I am sure some new ones will pop up.

Last edited:

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Hi Dennis

... Yep! ... all kinds of unrelated stuff now ... ("Fits: More then one vehicle") is the sub-sub category culprit that's driving it ... got to wade through the chaff to get to the wheat! ...:eek:

.... David

Fits more than one vehicle
Usually these parts are cheaper at Napa or similar part stores