• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wrap it up

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
I'm giving some serious thought to having my car wrapped. Price seems reasonable, about $ 1,800., less expensive than a good paint job, and a lot of options colour wise .
Any one had it done?
Any comments?

Cheers, Bobbo

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
I think car wrapping is like shrink wrapping, my bug guy had it done to his pick-up truck, looks great and is a real eye catcher.

Tom j

Hodee

Donation Time
I'd like to see that ! I know it can be done but have never seen it on a 45 yr old car before.

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
You will see it on a lot of company vehicles, basically covered in advertising.
It's a 4 mill vinyl wrap, can be done in a wide range of colours, and designs, like a carbon fiber look. In the north with heavy winter weather you could expect about 4 years before stripping it off. But since our cars don't see winter(kept in storage) I expect a longer life for the wrap.
Bobbo

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
wrapping

Most of my employer's company vehicles are wrapped with advertising.
On a limited use, enclosed storage'd car it should last as long as paint.
The company doing it should photo-shop a pattern for you to decide on.
Not for me , but somebody has to be first...... You're elected!
Some years ago an elderly lady refused to ride in our first wrapped customer pick up van, and made our driver take her home in a plain car. She thought it looked like a clown car. (it was kinda gaudy) Today they are common around here.

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
wrapping

Forgot to mention that heavy use will start to show up as wear at door edges and can be tricky to repair.

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Sorry, no outlandish designs on my car. Will go with a solid red as close to original colour. Well maybe carbon fiber on the bonnet, or chrome wrap on my tired bumpers:cool:
Was just reading that a clear vinyl can also be applied to protect a pricy paint job from scratches and abrasion.
Bobbo