• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Working SI Clock!

alpine_64

Donation Time

The problem with that clock is that despite the description they were never used in series alpines or tigers.

After early SII's all the clocks used the adjusters at the bottom of the face. When the cars went to S3 they gained the matching orange/red hands.

Interestingly this clock has the small point in the middle of the hands painted silver (like our speedo/tachos) i always liked that detail and wanted that to match the other gauges, but all the correct ones i had seen in sunbeams were black.. then about 1 year ago a NOS in the rootes box clock for a alpine S3/Iv came up.. sure enough.. silver centre. I wonder if ex-factory cars had the black and rootes after market parts had whatever smiths was using?

This seems an issue as per the flame trap discussion.. the difference between factory fitted/ordered, delaer supplied correct rootes accesories and genuine accesiories that were produced later ie:supercedeed parts/