• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wooden dashboard and knee pad

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Boy, this project is certainly more work than I bargained for! I know I was the one who originally put the dashboard in and the windshield on, but I really don't remember it being this much work and frustration. Either it is because the car is now 30+ years older or because I am or both. Anyway, the windshield is reasonably straight and it is finally time to replace the original plastic dash with the OEM wooden one. And time for a new problem: the knee pad.

The original knee pad has a small tab on the right side, that originally went under the Bakelite glove box trim. The tab can be seen in the reversed image below.

I can't see where this trim would fit behind the wood dash, but the parts book doesn't show a different one that goes with the wood dash. Do I just cut this tab off?

Thanks.

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Jim, cut the tab off and it will match the wood dash version. I just checked the one off my Tiger and could supply a pic if you need one. Jeff

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Jeff. That had to be the only option, but I wanted to be 100% sure before cutting anything.