• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

wondering if i should buy one

ct360

Donation Time
update

Project car update. All brakes have been disassembled and are soaking for a good cleaning. Rear drums have been turned (need to replace shoes then rears are good to go). Drained oil and took magnet to it (no metal in oil, yeah) refilled with new oil letting sit for a few days (Flush), replaced spark plugs and fuses tried to turn it over need a new fuel pump. But lights, windshield wipers, interior gages and lamps all work. very good weekend

ct360

Donation Time
Any owners in Washington State

So now that i am a proud Sunbeam owner was wondering if there are any others around me. I am on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state.
So car update time. I got the engine to turn (Not seized YEAH!!!!) fuel tank is off (Needs to be cleaned lot of rust inside) Hood off, easier access, and replaced ignition, so now i don't have to hot wire it. So far this is turning out to be very exciting. I can't wait to get her on the road. Again thanks everyone for helping me out on the questions i have had and will have in the future.

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
Welcome to Sunbeam ownership. If you are in the area, the Pacific Tiger Club is going to tour the area around Sequim this Saturday. Most of our time will be on Indian island. We should be there around noon. Lots of Alpines and Tigers will be in attendance. Join us and meet your fellow Rootes vehicle owners. I understand that there will be some owners from B.C. and a member from Oregon showing up to meet with members from the Puget Sound area.

Ed

Series V

Nickodell

Donation Time
I'm trying to get more pics on here but this 640x480 is being a pain. Also there is a push button under steering wheel on left hand side that i think is for overdrive but how do i know for sure?

"Whatever you do, don't press it. If you do you'll engage and deploy the passenger ejection seat."

1fineAlpine

Gold Level Sponsor
Sunbeam owners in WA

Hello, I too just bought my first Sunbeam. A '65 Alpine SIV. Had it for a week now. Hoping to have it on the road around next summer. I am in the Spokane area, and will try to check out the Sunbeam meets around the area. Would be cool to see more around here!

Last edited:

bing

Donation Time
You might want to consider adding a zinc additive, such as ZDDP, to the oil. also, Marvel Mystery Oil when you put fuel in. Carburetors don't like ethanol.

jvdtmd

Donation Time
Series 1 steering wheel

Hi All,
Does anyone out there have a steering wheel for my car? I also need the spring and brush for the horn contact. It doesn't have to be perfect.
Thanks,
Joe

65beam

Donation Time
one

sunbeam specialties has fuel pump repair kits and ZDDP is available at auto zone, advance, o'reily,etc.

bing

Donation Time
You can Google ZDDP and find out who carries it. Some auto parts stores carry other brands of zinc additive. In the past I have ordered ZDDP from Thunderbird parts dealers.