• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wnidshield gasket

PNG

Donation Time
What are folks doing about replacing the windshield gasket surrounding the glass on a series II? I'm trying to replace dried rubber pieces. Also, there is a fuel filler tube gasket between the tube and the floor of the trunk (boot) for which I've been unable to find replacement.

Any thoughts from the wise?

Thanks, PNG

Oldschool1968

Donation Time
Series II windshield replacement - gasket

McGreggro is charging 89.00 canadian for the rubber stip between the windshield and the dash. The glass only cost 129.00 us. The molding from VB was around 25.00. I believe I am going to try and modify the series III - V molding which VB insisted would work. Not even close... My mistake for listening and not paying close attention to the catalog. Twice! I have the entire installation captured in a step by step. Being new to this forum, I was suprised not to find more information which captures the project one step at a time with photos. I understand that posting photos to a forum significantly increases the cost, but there should be more links to photo hosting websites. Hope to post the whole experience in a day or two. I'm building the jig needed to cut a feature off the molding now.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Being new to this forum, I was suprised not to find more information which captures the project one step at a time with photos. I understand that posting photos to a forum significantly increases the cost, but there should be more links to photo hosting websites. Hope to post the whole experience in a day or two. I'm building the jig needed to cut a feature off the molding now.

We're always looking for contributions for the Feature Articles. If you write up your project with pics maybe we can make it a tech article?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
This thread should be moved to the stock section. it doesn't pertain to any modification of the car.

Jose