• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wishbone bushes

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
They work. I can't make a comparison as it has been over 40 years since driving an Alpine with good OEM bushes.

Bill

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
They are fine . BUT be sure to grind a slight bevel on the leading edge of the metal outer before you start pressing them in. The original bushes have a bevel already there. When I first tried to install the urethane bushes, the leading edges dug into the metal of the wishbone and would not fully seat. I ended up ruining one of them- totally mushroomed the flange- before realizing the problem. Once I did file a bevel they went in fine and provide a solid ride.

Tom