• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

wiring help

mustang1215

Donation Time
I have recently bought a 63 sunbeam GT,OD.I have no power to the head lights,but have parking lights.I have found a cut off plug in wire on the middle terminal of the fuse box,on the end of the fuse box on the firewall side. I have no clue where it goes,or if belongs there.The wiring page does not show it. color is green/red. any help. Ed

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I´d check out the kick down switch, to see if all the wires are connected. I had the same problem on my Series IV. I had inadvertently disconnected some of the wires when I put my foot at the top switch.

I have recently bought a 63 sunbeam GT,OD.I have no power to the head lights,but have parking lights.I have found a cut off plug in wire on the middle terminal of the fuse box,on the end of the fuse box on the firewall side. I have no clue where it goes,or if belongs there.The wiring page does not show it. color is green/red. any help. Ed

alpine_64

Donation Time
The high beam dip switch on the floor has the headlight controls run though it. If it is damaged or the wires are disconnected you will loose the headlights.. so check the switch. Also see if you have high beams.. my headlight connection had come off but I still had high beams.

chazza

Donation Time
The green/red wire is the indicator circuit from the switch.

The headlights wires are blue/white and blue/red and don't forget, black to earth/ground. I can't remember which wire is high beam and which is dip, but if you have a wiring diagram it is very straight-forward to trouble shoot, if you have a test-light,

Cheers Charlie

mustang1215

Donation Time
wiring help

Thank you for the replays. I found the problem,the fuse in the box was not making contact, cleaned contacts and works fine now.

mustang1215

Donation Time
wiring help

Thank you for the replays. I found the problem,the fuse in the box was not making contact, cleaned contacts and works fine now.