• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wiper motor

P

Pembertoltd

Well with winter coming and wanting to drive the car more often, I have finally decided to dig in and work on hooking up my wipers and making a washer unit. I have setup the plunger to work an electric switch to supply the washer fluid, but what I need to know is where is the wiper motor located at on a 67. I have pulled all of the stock wiring and replaced it with a Painless Roadster set. Any ideas on the best way of wiring it and the location of the motor. Thanks again

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
The wiper motor is bolted to the firewall, just below the cubby. Wiring? About all you can do is locate a wiring diagram and fake it. Its not too difficult, the wiring diagrams show the switch terminal numbers.

Bill

miket

Donation Time
What you need to know about the wiper motor, is the green wire is +12v. The other two go to ground (green/red and red/green). one or the other is grounded via the switch and thus the motor has two speeds.

I just tried to attach the diagram, but it's too big. Send me your email and I'll send the diagram.
Mike