• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Windshield Washer parts

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
I do not have any of the windshield washer bonnet parts, squirter, etc. Anyone parting out a car with these items? I have a Series V if it matters.

socorob

Donation Time
i just got the grommets from sunbeam specialties and the squirters from classic sunbeam. I was going to get a bottle from a late model car that has the pump built onto it.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I can tell you from experience that it is next to impossible (at best) to install everything without the little brass hats that go inside the rubber grommets. I don't think it would be too difficult to make one up and someone here may have an alternative, but they are needed to keep the grommet from bunching up when the washer is screwed in.

65beam

Donation Time
washer parts

the washer jets actually screw into the brass hats ,so they are a vital part to have . the jets will not stay in place otherwise plus the brass piece keeps the grommet in place .

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I had originally thought that I could 'replace' the hats with a brass washer and nut. Nope. Doesn't work. Fortunately, I found a set of the hats in among some other parts.

socorob

Donation Time
can someone post a picture of the hat? I have these 2 chrome pieces but i thought they went on top of the grommet?

edit: on ebay Item number: 330324654236, is that all that is needed with the oval grommet and chrome hat?

mikephillips

Donation Time
The 2 chrome pieces do go on top of the grommets. The top hat shaped pieces get inserted into the circular indent on the bottom of each grommet once they're installed in the cowl. Best done, or easiest at least, while the dash is out.

socorob

Donation Time
thanks! ill have to look through the boxes that came with the car to see if i have anything that looks like a brass top hat