• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Windscreens from Moss Motors

fireroad

Donation Time
Just placed my order. Guy I spoke with says they have quite a few in stock. They are finally going through the nearly 75 pallets of stuff they aquired in the Victoria British sale and will be adding parts as they find the staff to help.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I had given up on telling anyone at Moss that there was plenty of demand for the Sunbeam inventory they got from VB. They had seemed very disinterested.

o2bdriving

Silver Level Sponsor
Just placed my order. Guy I spoke with says they have quite a few in stock. They are finally going through the nearly 75 pallets of stuff they aquired in the Victoria British sale and will be adding parts as they find the staff to help.
Maybe the windshield-buying fury will inspire them to bring the brake parts, trunk false floors, etc. to the marketplace too.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Most of what Moss sells, if it all, is from the chicomms. In other words most of what they sell, is expensive junk.
Jan

rixter

Gold Level Sponsor
In late April, I got this response from Donald Green to my latest email to Moss, asking about the Sunbeam inventory they got from VB:

"We haven't had time to go through what we bought and determine if we have enough to really be in the Sunbeam business. And there's still no timeline for that to happen."

I guess they got on it soon after.

Rick

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
What was your shipping cost. I tried to find it and it seems I ordered one without knowing shipping. Even looking at order, no shipping is mentioned.

T.Jack

Platinum Level Sponsor
What was your shipping cost. I tried to find it and it seems I ordered one without knowing shipping. Even looking at order, no shipping is mentioned.

It looks like the shipping fee is $50. If you look at the webpage, just above the "save to wishlist" button, in small print it says "oversize fee $50.00 ships ground"

I also have a question… their website says the windshield fits series 3-5, Tiger. Are the windshields for earlier series cars that different? I have a series II

Thanks

alpine_64

Donation Time
It looks like the shipping fee is $50. If you look at the webpage, just above the "save to wishlist" button, in small print it says "oversize fee $50.00 ships ground"

I also have a question… their website says the windshield fits series 3-5, Tiger. Are the windshields for earlier series cars that different? I have a series II

Thanks
Completly different screen for series I/II

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor

Thanks
It's $50 extra, on checkout there are options for shipping & handling cheapest is $23.99.
The series I-II windshields have a different curvature and Series I door edge is strait like 3-5 Where as the Series II frame edges have a bend at the base.

Last edited:

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
These are the VB windscreens that they used to sell and that Moss got along with all of the other VB parts. Shipping is by UPS and depends on how far you live from Virginia. Mine was $35 along with the $50 oversize fee and I live in South Carolina. You live in Canada and I hate to guess the cost. Also doesn't UPS charge customs and duty fees as well?

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
The funny thing is, when I bought one from VB for my series 2 VB did not charge for over size but Moss does.

fireroad

Donation Time
The funny thing is, when I bought one from VB for my series 2 VB did not charge for over size but Moss does.
The $50 oversize charge is directly from UPS, not Moss. UPS has been raising rates left and right and charging oversize fees on items that they would not have in the past.