• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Windscreen

britbeam

Donation Time
Has anyone purchased a Series 2 windscreen from Victoria British? Was it of good quality and did it fit the frame correctly? Im wanting to change my Series 2 windshield and just want any info about the product VB offers.

Thanks
Dwain C

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Dwain - I bought one from VB for my Sebring project and it fit just fine.

mferris

Donation Time
I believe some other threads had pointed out that while the windshields where fine from VB, the seals from Sunbeam Specialities were better. Can anyone confirm?

-Mike

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
with regard to the windshield and frame seals. Mine came from Classic Sunbeam, also worked fine.
bobbo

alpine_64

Donation Time
Is the MacGregors seal a single closed loop or do you glue it together to make it a complete unit? IIRC whe it first cam e out they had used the correct profile but it was a single long extrusion.

Is it now one with molded corners and a single piece?

I want to do the screen frame and seal in the near future and was looking to get one of their seals.

JonPiz

Donation Time
re seal

the one I just got from the SAOC in the UK was a single extrusion which you need to glue together. This came from MacGregors

socorob

Donation Time
My car had the later series seal when I got it. It fit, but it wasnt the same, it was a little bigger and didn't fit perfectly. I believe the only place that has the correct early series seals are mac gregor, at least about 2 years ago when I bought it they were the only ones. It came in a straight piece, you have to cut it and glue it together. When you do that, pull it as tight as possible or it will make it VERY hard to install. I ended up cutting it and re gluing it 3-4 times to get it tight enough so the frame would all go back together. I emailed him about the early series hardtop rear window seal a few weeks ago to see if he happens to make the right one for that, but still haven't received an answer.

JonPiz

Donation Time
My car had the later series seal when I got it. It fit, but it wasnt the same, it was a little bigger and didn't fit perfectly. I believe the only place that has the correct early series seals are mac gregor, at least about 2 years ago when I bought it they were the only ones. It came in a straight piece, you have to cut it and glue it together. When you do that, pull it as tight as possible or it will make it VERY hard to install. I ended up cutting it and re gluing it 3-4 times to get it tight enough so the frame would all go back together. I emailed him about the early series hardtop rear window seal a few weeks ago to see if he happens to make the right one for that, but still haven't received an answer.

did you use superglue?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Good info guys,

What concerns me is that the radius of where the seal goes around the 4 corners of the screen that it will bow and lift a little from either the screen or the frame. I assume you have used a silicone sealant between the screen and the rubber anf the frame and the rubber.. has anyone had one in for a while, how is it holding up around the corners?

britbeam

Donation Time
recvd my news Taiwan windscreen from Victoria British . One minor edge chip that I can live with as the rubber seal will cover it. I never buy rubber parts from VB as Ive always recvd poor quality rubber from them. I had some windscreen seals made a few years back from Martin MacGregor and I bought a extra .Great product. Not sure if he still has them available. Not sure where Rick @ SS gets his but you can always depend on quality products from Rick.
Dwain V6 Krazy

britbeam

Donation Time
Oh BTW my current seal was install in year 2000 and I super glued it with a glue from Pep Boys . Its still together today.
Dwain V6 Krazy