• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Window Regulator

snamelc

Donation Time
For some reason, my window regulators on my Series II had no stops and the window could be cranked beyond the fully up position. It hasn't been a problem for a number of years... I just paid attention to position and knew about where to stop. Last night we were jabbering after car club meeting and I wasn't paying close attention and ran the wheels off the regulator track at the removal gaps, jamming it in the up position such that I couldn't close the door (hard top was on). I have no idea what sort of stop they were built with but I fashioned a little U shaped clamp, put a 3/4" long x 10-24 set screw in it and placed it over the guide track that the regulator wheels run in. This is adjustable to any position you want. In the up position, about 1/4" movement of the stop makes about 1/32" difference in window height, so it's very precise. I believe Series III and beyond are different, but something similar would probably work.

If anyone is interested in copying this, let me know and I'll post details.

Bill