• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

window regulator help

mustang1215

Donation Time
I am replacing the window regulator in my ser 3 sunbeam, I can not hook up the arms to the glass channel. the shop book says to spring out the arms,I do not know what that means.I have tried everything,and still can not hook the arms up. ED

Q

Donation Time
check the tracks on the window

I just replaced a window on a series V. Had problems connecting the roller to the track on the window.........until we noticed the metal track that needs to catch the roller wheels on the regulator had subtly different shapes between the two windows. We paid a glass shop to switch the old track and the new, and then the window went in easy as pie.

Series V has different regulators than your car I believe, but removing the vent window and loosening or removing various attachment screws between the regulator and door allowed the rear of the window to be tilted higher than the front of the window, and very easy track to roller wheel alignment and attachments for removal or replacement. Two workers were better than one.

mustang1215

Donation Time
Window regulator solved

I spent the weekend fitting the new regulator in my 63 GT,the only way it goes back in the track,is to take the quarter fixed window out,then it is easy. Thank you Ed