• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

who's car

atallamcs

Donation Time
Tiger?

I would ask the current owner if it is registered with the Tiger Club and was asigned a "TAC". I looked it up and could not find any such authentication. So, be sure of what you are buying.
Bill

alpine_64

Donation Time
I posted about this car in another forum.

it was on ebay a couple of years back and looks untouched since.. the sills and rear arches seem to be carved from filler, i would say this thing needs some serious $ spent.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

the seller does mention about filler in the car, so as pointed out a thorough check would be needed. The sills don't look right either (maybe just the angle of the picture?). The JAL tag has philips head screws in it as well while the ID and spec plates are rivetted. Confirm it is a true Tiger, if you are serious about purchasing it.

Regards, Robin.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
According to BON, this VIN was the 2nd car to get the cross-over treatment of mixed square and round corners. BON also says that GT door panels were used starting at "approximately" B9473100, so this car apparently just missed out.

The VIN rivets look OK. The JAL tag should have screws, but slotted, not Phillips. (No biggie.) With the paint chipping off in a few spots from this "older restoration," it may be possible to tell if the original color was indeed #92 Arctic White.

jmthehermit

Donation Time
The rivets are not OK! How can the vin tag be so worn and pitted and the spec plate looks to be brand new? But yet they have the same rivets. The tags were removed and reinstalled most likely for the repaint. Those are not OEM rivets. Jeff

artic cat

Donation Time
wow, I know a little about a lot

think I'll pass it up and wait till I learn a little more about this "TAC" thing. Is there something simular for alpines, one of the three I have is worthy of somekind of registration in the alpine world.:D

mikephillips

Donation Time
There's nothing like it for Alpines, no need for one. TAC is one of those things to be reasonably assured that the tub was a Tiger from the beginning of it's life. To some folks it's important, to others it isn't.

65beam

Donation Time
mike,
it's really amazing that tac inspectors won't tac our series 5 that was a mk2 tiger at one time. tried to get them to do it again at dayton this month,they just wouldn't do it !

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
White Tiger on ebay

That car was here in Jupiter about 6 months back....it sold on ebay and the buyer asked me to survey it......I was all over and under that car and after my report, the seller refused the sale....It is full of bondo, doors dont line up correctly, back half is orig tiger, not sure about the front half...it lookes like it was halved with another car right at transmission, bell housing line.....I dont know if it would pass TAC, but about a $10k car in my opion. it was owned by a boat dealer who took it in trade on a boat. He knows nothing about the cars...after the failed ebay sale (22k) he placed it with a sports car dealwr in nearby stuart, fl....who sold it to the guy who has it on ebay now. I have owned 4 tigers and many many Alpines, so I knew what to look for. Mike Schreiner