• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Which vendor for trunk hinges?

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
So somehow in my move from my old shop to my new, I have lost the nicely body-color matching set of hinges I had done for the Series V.
At this point I don't have the time or the energy to relief cut another set and paint them up.
I'm just wondering who, in the opinion of those who have purchased various chrome bits lately, is the best choice for a new set of chrome boot hinges?
I seem to remember reading that the place in Holland was the best choice, any idea what the time frame for shipping is?
Are the ones available from vendors within our shores as good?
If you would rather not post a public opinion, please PM me on this, I just don't want to buy crap if there's something better out there.
Thanks guys.

skywords

Donation Time
I bought a set from Classic Sunbeam and they look great. I have not put them into service yet so I can't say about the fit but hey how far off can they be? They are heavy and not pot metal so should be good quality. My 2 cents.

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
I recently bought a set from Arnoud in Holland.
They look great, fit perfectly, and arrived in Australia within a week.
I fitted them with some nice new gaskets from SS.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
I tried to e-mail the place in Holland, but the link on thier website doesn't work.
I need to find out what time zone they're in and how to call (intl. prefix)
The other thing is that they say they're going to be closed from Aug. 9 thru Aug. 30th, hope the dateline is in my favor!
I hadn't thought of Classic, and I just recieved my rear window clips from them friday.
Thanks guys.

O

odl21

they are 7 hours later than chicago, so call in the morning. you dial 011 31 [number].