• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Which key number to choose?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Why not email Mark as he is on the board.. the photo looks exactly the same as the one from the UK a while back with a guy selling a hoard of Rootes keys.. i assume mark bought them all and is now on-selling.. For $60+ per key i am sure he can help you out with the correct one for your car

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Why not email Mark as he is on the board.. the photo looks exactly the same as the one from the UK a while back with a guy selling a hoard of Rootes keys.. i assume mark bought them all and is now on-selling.. For $60+ per key i am sure he can help you out with the correct one for your car

Thanks Michael.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor

Wonder if it might be possible to provide another lead on Mark. There are six Marks on the board. Thanks in advance.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Actually, I've had my lot of keys for a number of years and this is the first I've ever offered loose NOS keys. I offer matching Rootes lock sets so guys can correctly re-key their cars so the door/ignition will match and Wilmot Breedon Union sets so the boot/console are keyed similarly. I'm running critically low on NOS pins and springs and will probably wind up with an excess of keys. Hey, the market controls the selling price on eBay, yes?

BTW, a few months ago I tried to get the keys the UK seller had but someone already beat me to it.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hi Mark:

I'd love to have a correct ignition key. PM me whatever details I need to know. Thanks. John

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Thanks for fixing me up here Mark. I feel like I should leave an e-bay type testimonial. Great guy to deal with. Very good at splaining things. Highly recommended. Absolutely "key." :D

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks for fixing me up here Mark. I feel like I should leave an e-bay type testimonial. Great guy to deal with. Very good at splaining things. Highly recommended. Absolutely "key." :D

Hey, you forgot the silly eBay feedback graphics....

¤¤ª"˜Â¨Â¨Â¯Â¯Â¨Â¨˜"ª¤ Super Ebayer! ¤ª"˜Â¨Â¨Â¯Â¯Â¨Â¨˜"ª¤¤ :-?:*'""*:?.-:¦:-?*GREAT eBAYER*?-:¦:-?:*'''''*:?-:¦:

~~~~~*(P)*(E)*(R)*(F)*(E)*(C)*(T)*~~~~~ «::G::» «::R::» «::E::» «::A::» «::T::»

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:D:D

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Got the keys today. I'm surprised (to be honest). They're like brand new and retract the "barrel pins" completely with no "slop" at all. Besides working better and being original, they look like new! I'm impressed. Really impressed! Thanks Mark!

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the kind words John and I'm glad you're pleased. I appreciated your attention to details and quick payment for the parts. If only everyone could be as reliable as you are. Take care.

hillmanhuskyguy

Silver Level Sponsor
Yes, I'm not going to let this thread die just yet~
I've got a 1960 Hillman Husky which came with no keys,
yet starts by just turning the knob over one click.
Not a good situation, being able to lock the doors would
prolly be good too !!
No clue as to how to come up with a key code, could you point
me in the proper direction please? I'm assuming it takes to key's,
one for the ignition & one for the doors?

Thanks!
Cris

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, I'm not going to let this thread die just yet~
I've got a 1960 Hillman Husky which came with no keys,
yet starts by just turning the knob over one click.
Not a good situation, being able to lock the doors would
prolly be good too !!
No clue as to how to come up with a key code, could you point
me in the proper direction please? I'm assuming it takes to key's,
one for the ignition & one for the doors?

Thanks!
Cris

Cris

If you check, I think you will find that your car does not have a key lock in the passenger door. Should be only the switch, driver side door, and rear door are keyed - and they all use the same key. The knob is only for the lights. Either some one has changed how the switch is wired, or you have a bad switch.

HTH

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Cris,
In the meantime, you may want to relocate that switch up under the dash, and get some junkyard ignition switch as a dummy in the dash. That is, unless everyone in town already knows about it...

Ken