• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wheels measure / Minilite

am99ey

Gold Level Sponsor
I am looking around for more sporty wheels, Minilite are my wish.
So I measured my original pressed steel wheel. Could it be that the original wheels are 14" x 4.1" (36cm x 14cm) and a backspace of 1.4" (3.5.cm)?
In the original user manual is 6 x 13" stated.
What wheel nuts will I need?
Are there any thoughts about installing such on the original setup of hub?
Thanks for comments on that.

alpine_64

Donation Time
ALL stock alpine wheels wire/LAT or steel were 13"

The wires were 4.5 to the steels 4 IIRC and the LAT's were 5.5

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
wheels

As Michael stated all original wheels were 13". Either you are not measuring correctly (the 13" and the 4" dimensions are measured to the place where the tire would sit, not the outer edges of the wheel), or you have wheels from another car (Ford & Alfa are two companies that have used the same bolt circle). Minilites are great, I would consider moving up to 14" or even 15" Minilites if you take the plunge. They look better (IMO) and you will have access to a wider range of tires.
Good Luck!

ALC 68A

Donation Time
am99ey. The Ford wheel bolt pattern fits the Alpine, but the rear wheels require a spacer fitting between the face of the brake drum and the back of the wheel because the Alpine drum is not flat.

Steve

old grumpy

Donation Time
On English Ford and Rootes the bolt circles are in inch. Alfa and German Ford are metric. Very close, yes but not perfect.
With a steel wheel it's possibly to "bend" the bolt a little. Can be problem with the alloy wheel.