• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wheel Suggestions

socorob

Donation Time
I needed a spare so I went to a local upullit yard and got a 15 inch spare from a focus. Put it on the front and it clear just fine lock to lock. Haven't tried it on the rear yet.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I needed a spare so I went to a local upullit yard and got a 15 inch spare from a focus. Put it on the front and it clear just fine lock to lock. Haven't tried it on the rear yet.

Guys can you post a photo of the focus you guys are getting these from.. here in AU the ford focus is a FWD hatch with 5 bolt wheels.

socorob

Donation Time

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks guys. Its good to know the wheels are now available. I don't see any evidence they are available in the correct specs for an Alpine, but it sounds like that might be possible. I am not ready to invest in new wheels (for the SIV V6) yet, but gathering information for when that day comes.

buckalpine3

Donation Time
wheels

I have the same question as jimfai...has anyone used wheel adapters on an Alpine? I recently bought a set of chrome 14" wheels from ebay supposedly from an Alpine, but after spending some time getting centers and acorn lug nuts when the tire shop tried to fit they were the wrong size. They turned out to be 4 x 100. The seller still insists they came off his Alpine, but I am either to dumb to understand or he is less than truthful. Since the transaction longer than 45 days I have little recourse with ebay. Will adapters cause a tire rub?

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
If you're dead set on a wheel, and willing to pay, I found a place on-line that can modify the width, backspace and offset of wheels. I'll see if I can find the link.

Alpine James

Silver Level Sponsor
Has abyone tried the VTO's? They are selling 14" ones on ebay that appear to have the correct bolt pattern. I found some posts on some other forums (Triumph ect.) and it would seem these guys are specializing in the LBC market.

Another question would be, Would I require spacers for the rear wheels as per the advice in the SS catalogue?

And are 14" wheels going to have any clearance issues. I tried the mags that came with the SV on the back of the SII and they rubbed on the body as soon as there was any wieght in the car. I know the suspension is soft, but it is a concern.

Thanks, James

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
James, the rim diameter has little impact on tires rubbing. Rim width and setback, tire diameter and width are the main factors.

Bill

Grenade10

Donation Time
I've used similar wheels that came off either the Mustang II or Capri. Wheels fit with up to 2056013 tires and even had the centers taken out of the stock 5/5.5 and put into a 6.5 rim for use as rain tires for my F-Production car. Now if I just could find where I put them!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
If your going with steels ,how about Chromed Ro-styles? These are 13" from a mk 2 Ford cortina 1600E, they come up on ebay regulary, Just a bit different!
http://dodgealpine.yolasite.com