• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What's the new Get Smart car?

A

AlgerRider

The new Get Smart movie is set for release on June 20th. I looked into it, but haven't found any details on what car they chose to replace Maxwell's tiger. Anyone know?

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
From Leno....

"Steve Carell told me he bumped into Jay Leno once and they were talking about cars," Segal continues. "Jay said the thing about the Sunbeam Tigers is they were squirrelly because they were small, narrow, and it was too much engine for the car. They said a V-8 in that little car was dangerous. And that's why it would be safer to drive an Alpine, but that's what people loved about it."

This from a guy who ownes a jet powered motorcycle..... :rolleyes:

Any idea if they used one of Jose's kits?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Nick,

The Alpine in question, was converted with one of my kits, about six oe seven years ago. The original owner put an automatic in it, and apparently wasn't happy with the performance, so sold it to the gal that owns it now. He went and bought a Tiger instead.

Jose :)

howard

Donation Time
"Purists will know. The Alpine and the Tiger are the exact same except for the engine."

Not EVEN an accurate statement. I'm no purist, but there's a LOT of difference in the two cars. Two different animals. (Well, one animal and one mountain range.)