• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What Wiper Blades do you use?

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
It's me again! (stop hiding...please? :) )

First up, thanks to Tom H for whom I have started delving big time into the WSM, something I should have done YEARS AGO.

What I'd like to know today is, what are yall using for wiper blades?

I've been sorting mine out and the blades are pretty much falling off the body like meat on an overcooked turkey leg. I know I can buy the entire unit at SS for $15 and change but why buy the whole thing if I can just buy a set of blades off the shelf and snap them in.

I found some Bosch ones at Autozone that snap right on once I take the blades and unscrew the connector off, but then I noticed that you can remove the blades off of the old unit by pressing the peg buttons, so I'm curious for those who go this route, what do you use?

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
We just buy new Tex stainless blades and clip them onto the arms. They are relatively cheap and very high quality. It is possible to just replace the rubber but much easier to replace the blade as a unit. Also you know that it will work correctly and give you a clear screen without scratching the glass (which happens occasionally when people mess up installation of replacement, non-standard, rubber sections). Tim R https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sunbeam-...878546?hash=item3f18e93dd2:g:rIEAAMXQHDlRdq2H

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
This was a while ago, so I can't be more specific, but I bought a generic refill that was more than twice as long as I needed and cut 2 11" long pieces. The ribs in the plastic fit perfectly into the stock frames and they have been on my car far too long but only used a couple of times. They work about as well as the correct ones did, which is why Rain X is an important addition to the mix. I should probably replace them due to old age and will just take the arm off and match it to whatever is in stock at the auto parts store, which is what I did before.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bought mine from Sunbeam Specialties. They look nice and, I never drive in the rain ( even with new cars!) and
my wiper motor doesn't presently work so as long as they look good, I feel good!