• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What to do now?

A

andyauto

Inherated a 63 Alpine convert with a 351 ford engine, now what? I have a small car collection (all chevs), and basically don't know what I have here. The car is in nice shape & has been in inside storage for 15 years. I think most of you true fans hate to see a car get basterdized with a different engine or drive train so I'm guessing this isn't a "good" thing? Or is it? Thinken maybe should sell it if I can't get excited about it. But then what do I ask??? any Ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks,
andyauto@lakedalelink.net

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Inherated a 63 Alpine convert with a 351 ford engine, now what? I have a small car collection (all chevs), and basically don't know what I have here. The car is in nice shape & has been in inside storage for 15 years. I think most of you true fans hate to see a car get basterdized with a different engine or drive train so I'm guessing this isn't a "good" thing? Or is it? Thinken maybe should sell it if I can't get excited about it. But then what do I ask??? any Ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks,

Andy
Was that a grey or sort of silver one?
I have my Lister clone with the 351 windsor.Its mild ,270 HP and 330 pounds of torque.I have the motorsport 5 speed and 8 inch ford rear end.Nice and docile but it can pull.I have never opened it all the way as I chickened out at 125 MPH
I think you may want to drive this for a while and then see how excited you may get.
maybe you can let us know a bit more about this car.

64beam

Donation Time

Hi,

There are people on both sides of your question when it comes to conversions. Was the conversion done well or has it been chopped up badly? Personally, a Ford motor in the Alpine would be a good addition to your collection ;). Are you able to post ant pictures?

Regards, Robin.