• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What tags are those? what those means? Thanks.

Sunbeam-Chile

Donation Time
Hi, This weekend I make some cleaning labor and re-discover my Alpine I found a little tag that I never seen before... have this encripted " RAS 0 2 1 _ _ 4" I can't read two numbers in the midle... What this code means?...
And the other tag that I already seen says some thing like "Presed Steel"... is in bad shape... and has many llite code numbers...
Thanks,
Pablo.

Attachments

• PICT0023.jpg
    PICT0023.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 81
  • PICT0024.jpg
    PICT0024.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 71

mikephillips

Donation Time
The Pressed Steel one is all the patent numbers that applied to the various bits of the body and it's manufacturing process at the time. The other, not really sure as I haven't run across one before, but it could be something unique to your country that was added for import at the time.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Facing forward the Press Steel plaque is on the rear shelf L/H side. The other tag appears to be on the same side on the vertical sheet metal under the shelf, behind the seat.

Sunbeam-Chile

Donation Time
Facing forward the Press Steel plaque is on the rear shelf L/H side. The other tag appears to be on the same side on the vertical sheet metal under the shelf, behind the seat.

This information is totally correct... in the first picture both plaques are marked in the centre of the red rectangles...
For the information that I have collected, my Alpine was exported to France... and there was buyed for a Chilean how strudies in France, an later he bring this Alpine to Chile...
Thanks,
Pablo.

65beam

Donation Time
tags

the tag on the upright panel which should be behind the seat is also the vin number on both of my harringtons which are series 2 bodies. i believe series 2 cars had this tag with the vin number along with the vin number being stamped on the brace running across the fire wall. this is the V shaped brace in line with the brake and clutch master cylinders.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place for all Alpine-related questions. Requests for help are best answered by posting your question under one of the three main sections of the forum: "Factory Original", "Stock Alpine" and "Modified Alpine" (look at the subtitles for each to get a handle on where you think your question is most appropriate), or if all you need is information on where to find particular parts, post it in "Cars and Parts Wanted". Give your question as descriptive a title as you can, which will help make sure it gets read by those who can answer it.

You might also try using the Search function before asking; many topics have been covered already. The only problem with the Search function is that it only does a good job of looking for one word topics. You can use Google to search the site for more complicated questions by adding "site:sunbeamalpine.org/forum" after your search string. For example, try Googling: slave cylinder rebuild site:sunbeamalpine.org/forum.

Good luck. I am sure you will find your answer here.

Sunbeam-Chile

Donation Time
the tag on the upright panel which should be behind the seat is also the vin number on both of my harringtons which are series 2 bodies. i believe series 2 cars had this tag with the vin number along with the vin number being stamped on the brace running across the fire wall. this is the V shaped brace in line with the brake and clutch master cylinders.

This info really help me... thinking that was a vin number I used "saint google" and find what "RAS" means.
R: Rootes
A: Armstrong
S: Siddeley
and the rest is in fact a production line number...
I took this information from this link http://sunbeam.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Rootes&action=display&thread=9
Thanks to all for your help,
Pablo.