• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What steering wheel will fit the Alpine?

MARTINSR

Donation Time
What other car is the same as the Alpine so I can get maybe an aftermarket adapter with custom wheel.

Brian

MARTINSR

Donation Time
I did another search just now on the site and found someone talking about a Mazda Rx7, then some talk like it doesn't. What's the skinny, will it work?

Brian

alpine_64

Donation Time
What series alpine do you have? The si/ii cars have nonadjustable wheels s3-v have adjustment.

Hubs from the late arrow ranges can work, series 1 rx7 ... Then you can buy new hubs for both models from moto-lita, mounty, astrali and nardi.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Moto-lita makes one for Sunbeams. This is the one I have, and the horn works.
DSCN2323-L.jpg

DSCN2317-L.jpg

crs

Gold Level Sponsor
Moto Lita

I shopped extensively and Mota Lita was the only company that supplied all that was needed to replace the steering wheel on my SIV.
The ability to loosen the center cap and adjust the wheel in and out on splines goes away, BUT, if you have a big change in driver height , you can rmove the horn button cap and use a wrench to loosen the adjustment lock down, adjust the wheel, tighten things down, and replace the cap. Therefore, it is best to take the time to be sure where you want the wheel before locking it all down.