• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What is wrong with this soft top?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Paul,

Looks like th erear bow has come out of the attachment to the top and is folding to far foward instead of being held in the correct position.

zimme008

Silver Level Sponsor
Whatever the cause, the MG in the background seems to be suffering from the same disease. Nice Series II restoration candidate but not for $8k.

Randy Z.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Note the scarlet carpet. That is EXACTLY the color mine was in 1964. It too was Moonstone, had OD and steel wheels. Talk about a memory machine!

Bill

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Wow! What a time piece. Thanks for pointing this car out, Mr Bill. I almost looked at the photos because of that ONE driving light in front, but didn't actually read anything until looking at this car again. That malfunctioned top on this car is the original top! Has the original invoice also. And won't sell the car to anyone that doesn't contact him first! I don't think this car is that far off in price.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Car still has rubber mats, door hocket sticks, original grey dash (not resprayed silver) and the time around the rear looks to be the original vynil with proper hidden clips.. seems like a bit of a survivor.. nice project for someone if its not rusty.

https://picasaweb.google.com/69bossdieter/1962SunbeamAlpineGarageFind?authkey=Gv1sRgCLuLiuvRzMah0gE#

if you flick through the additional pics.. has a few dteail things (wrong lenses on the inicators at the front, some under dash additions, period amco chrome shifter knob) but things like the boot mat and cards and many other hard to find details all look there and in reasonable condition.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have one of those chrome knobs in my stocks, and yes, it's heavy as all get-out. I removed it from an Alpine many years ago because the weight of the knob pulling down on the shifter lever was actually causing premature wear on the shift forks inside the gearbox!

socorob

Donation Time
I like the look of those. Too bad they arent reproducing them. The wood ones only seem to work if you have a wooden dash to go with it.