• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What is this for?

Acollin

Donation Time
1966 Series v sunbeam alpine

I was tearing up more carpeting today and found --in the passenger foot well --a piece of sheet metal, mounted with one screw , standing vertically and spaced about an inch or so from the fire wall. The previous owner had used it to mount his carpet set.

I undid the screw and hoping to find cash and not Jimmy Hoffa, it simply appears to be an air space. Is this another LHD/RHD issue? I would like to know the proposed function of this piece of sheet metal-- air space.

Thanks in advance of your reply
Andrew

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
This is the passenger side false floor. It serves no function except for passenger comfort. They are on opposite sides on LHD RHD.

65beam

Donation Time
what

there should be two brackets on the floor. these have J nuts on them. there are two holes in the false floor. the screws go thru these holes and fasten thru the J clips. it's also a good spot to hide items like tools or spare parts when you travel.