• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

"What I would have made when I was 7 years old if I had an engineering degree"

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Didn't see any Alpines............ Must have not been "Drive your classic to work" day. That was amazing. Is there an article somewhere talking about the track and how long it took to build, etc?

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
The page where I found it didn't have much information, but it gave me enough to Google it and learn more. Here is one article, but you can find a bunch more by Googling "Chris Burden Los Angeles County Museum of Art "hot wheels""

Jim E

Donation Time
I recall taking Hot Wheels to school with me when I was in the 4th grade we would trade them at lunch.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Still have a few from the days when they came in little boxes made by Lesney before the days of hot wheels. Wish I still had the little boxes.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Still have a few from the days when they came in little boxes made by Lesney before the days of hot wheels. Wish I still had the little boxes.

You're talking about the 'Matchbox' series of cars, and yes, they were great. I have quite a few on my train & model car display.

There were also the 'Lindberg Line' and 'Johnny Lighting' cars, too!

(More pics of my setup are here - LINK)

DSCN1166.jpg

DSCN1163.jpg

DSCN1162.jpg

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
When my family moved to Toronto in 1960, I started collecting "Dinky Toys" and managed to not destroy them, but ended up losing them in one of our many moves. Saw a collectors guide for them a few years back. Darn...:(