• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What Data is available for Frame Straightening?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am looking for some data for the Sunbeam Alpine (SV) for straightening the right rear frame.

I am in possession of Bill Blues Orange SV Alpine. He was hit from the right rear just behind the wheel.

Damage was IMO slight. With the Alpine on a level, flat surface, measuring from the bumper bolt holes to the floor, the right rear is 3/4" higher than the left side. The "B" post just barely touches the rear of the door at the top edge.

Are there any dimensions available whereby my "Frame" expert can utilize during straightening?

Thanks for any help. Hoping to put this Alpine back on the road,

DanR

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dan,

I am looking for some data for the Sunbeam Alpine (SV) for straightening the right rear frame.

Dan,

Both the WSM's, 124 and 145 - near the front of the "BODY" sections, have dimensioned under frame drawings.

For a sV, use the drawing for an Alpine in WSM 145. Please don't use the drawings for other bodies. They are different.

The drawing in WSM 124 is clearly marked as "Alpine Series I and II.

1712991823065.png

Hope this helps,

Last edited: