• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What about Sunbeam?

gordonra

Donation Time
What's with these shops that seemingly ignore the Rootes / Sunbeam make?

I didn't see that Moss even lists Sunbeams the last time I looked.

Here is a shop that claims, and appears to be quite appreciative of British design, yet no Sunbeams mentioned.

http://www.mackaysgarage.com/index.html

Are we such a strange lot of folks??? :rolleyes:

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Follow the money - there are FAR MORE BMC products left on the road than Rootes products, so a company like Moss will make much more money selling parts for Triumphs, MGs, Healeys, etc. than they ever would selling parts for Alpines.

That's why we have to support our few suppliers out there and always explore our options when it comes to reproduction of parts.

mikephillips

Donation Time
And keep track of what Lucas, Girling, etc bits are common to those BMC and other products as well. I've kept a written list over the years of any other applications that are listed on boxes I've gotten.

Pumpkin

Donation Time
parts and such

A few years ago I was almost ostersized from a table when one asked "Whay a Sunbeam?" I said,," because MGs, Triumphs and such are just a dime a dozen.":eek:
Several left the table, not knowing I was at the main table for the "biggys in the MG group" :rolleyes:

I think we all can survive with in the group for parts. For one "So far so good finding what I want"
Take time to take care of yourself..
Chuck

mikephillips

Donation Time
I'd have to find some time to type it up since it's handwritten on paper. But something can be arranged at some point.