• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What a wonderful age we live in

skywords

Donation Time
Technology now a days is amazing.

I got the afternoon off today, which I did not mind too much for they threw another school at me to do in my school bus. I spent the afternoon at an ENT doc's office getting a Ultra Sound needle biopsy done on my neck. It really wasn't that bad, I was fascinated watching the screen while the Doc probed the needle where it needed to be. This thing has to come out one way or another it's just a matter of how much of my neck and ear he leaves me. The biopsy will tell that in a week. I made the mistake of watching the operation on You Tube, believe me don't do that if you are faced with an operation.

With the Internet I was able to check the doctor's credentials and see if he has had any disciplinary actions taken against him. He looked a little scruffy but with a sharp mind and steady hand. :)

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Good luck, Rick. I faced oral cancer earlier this year and they [hopefully] got it all out... or at least that's what they said. We'll see in the next 5 years!

skywords

Donation Time
Good luck, Rick. I faced oral cancer earlier this year and they [hopefully] got it all out... or at least that's what they said. We'll see in the next 5 years!

Thanks Kevin
I hope too that they got it all. Life can be a beach some times but family and friends make it worth while. Keep smiling it makes them wonder :D

Nickodell

Donation Time
Good luck to both of you.

Rick, I had an angiogram some years ago because of an irregular heartbeat. As you probably know, they thread a hollow flexible probe into the femoral artery in your thigh, then up the aorta into the heart. They were watching everything on a TV screen, and the doc asked me if I wanted the little curtain drawn across the screen to hide it from me. "No way," I replied. "This may be the last thing I see on earth." It was weird watching the darned thing go into my heart.

Only problem was that although he told me to stay absolutely still so as not to risk causing a blood clot in the artery, I couldn't help squirming - after all, I had a thing half as thick as a ballpoint pen stuck in me. When he told me "You must keep absolutely still," I said that I just couldn't. It was like a kind of muscle spasm. He then asked the nurse: "Didn't you do the valium push into his I.V?"

"Oh, no," replied the dumb blonde. "Sorry." Now she tells us. And there I was, looking forward to that great I.V. valium buzz. "Well, it's too late now," said the doc. "We're almost finished."

skywords

Donation Time
I remember all that. It was pretty damn frightening even with the drugs. I've had it done three times. It is amazing watching that on the screen. We would be dead now if not for this technology.