• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

What a Deal !!

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
To this guy a 1/4-20 bolt found in the corner of an old garage is a VERY RARE part.

gordonra

Donation Time
If you check his feedback, you'll see that most of what he sells goes for $30 to $100, and for a wide range of vehicles.

He must be posting the Sunbeam parts for the Shock and Awe factor. The question I have is; Who is he trying to impress?

agmason

Donation Time
"I HAVE SET THE PRICES HIGH TO ALLOW PROSPECTIVE BUYERS IN OTHER COUNTRIES A CHANCE TO BUY THE PARTS FROM THIS RARE CAR AS WELL"

I don't see how setting his "prices high" encourages oversea bidding or even domestic bidding. I guess in his mind there is some logical connection between "rare" and "high prices" that makes people bid.

65beam

Donation Time
what a deal

i've said this before. he stills sells items. i e-mailed a guy last week concerning a starting price of 289.00 for an item. i never saw the item that he was selling go for more than 50 or 60 dollars. but he got his starting bid of 289.00. someone wanted it and they bought it. i had items for sale awhile back that folks thought i wanted too much for, but what is wrong with someone paying that price if they want it? it's the same with this guy. someone may want it. he'll sell it. or he may post these items just to see how much you guys gripe! anybody want to buy a yugo????

alpine_64

Donation Time
i've said this before. he stills sells items. i e-mailed a guy last week concerning a starting price of 289.00 for an item. i never saw the item that he was selling go for more than 50 or 60 dollars. but he got his starting bid of 289.00. someone wanted it and they bought it. i had items for sale awhile back that folks thought i wanted too much for, but what is wrong with someone paying that price if they want it? it's the same with this guy. someone may want it. he'll sell it. or he may post these items just to see how much you guys gripe! anybody want to buy a yugo????

Bob,

Im not so sure the items are sold.. i figure these guys get a mate to bid and buy now and then so it looks like they are selling the stuff at this price, in the hope some suckers goes "well others are paying that".. because the most casual glance on ebay will net similar items at what we would all consider a going rate.

65beam

Donation Time
what a deal

michael,
are you saying someone might run up the bids on their friends items so they pull in more money? that would never happen?? but remember michael that sometimes someone wants an item and they may be able to pay what they have to in order to buy the item. i've seen up to 10K over sticker for just out cars. the same applies to items on e bay. you have no idea what kind of max bids have been put on items that are in very short supply if the bidder really wants the item. i've put in some high max bids myself and rely on auction sniper to do the rest. an item is worth what a person wants to spend.

alpine_64

Donation Time
michael,
are you saying someone might run up the bids on their friends items so they pull in more money? that would never happen?? but remember michael that sometimes someone wants an item and they may be able to pay what they have to in order to buy the item. i've seen up to 10K over sticker for just out cars. the same applies to items on e bay. you have no idea what kind of max bids have been put on items that are in very short supply if the bidder really wants the item. i've put in some high max bids myself and rely on auction sniper to do the rest. an item is worth what a person wants to spend.

bob,

I have no doubt some people pay over the top prices, and i have no doubt there are people who do no research and just see the item.. see the word rare.. and pull the trigger. That said.. i still find it hard to belive this guy would get a legit sale.. i could be wrong.. i hope im not.. beacuse that person will have been taken for the sunbeam part ride of the century.