• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

West /left Coast fun

Pumpkin

Donation Time
A post a Note

Fellow Beamers ,,,
As the time of terrific fall colours come on we all have to thank each other for the gathering and meeting as much as we have been able to. I for one am waiting for the times we can get out for a run to enjoy. So far Jane and I have had a great year.

In April I pulled the cover off of The Pumpkin and lifted it in to the air for a spring oil and grease job, rotate the wheels, then to it out for a very small run about one mile or so.

We desperatly wanted to go to Vancouver, BC for the First ABFM , no luck there is always something . Next we wanted to do the Run to The Gorge , that is from Tacoma WA, down to the Hood River Inn, in Hood River OR.

June we finally got to go on a small camping trip with our pop up tent trailer.. Ha, short lived, we loved it so much we went out to get another "larger one" It is called a Chalet, lifts up like an "A" on wheels. (chaletrv.com)

Finn-ally "June" we went up to The RRIV, what a trip and enjoyed some real nice times and great people. We joined with Ron Simcox and Deb Stienback in The Maroon Beauty .. Rain or shine , it looks like Sunbeamers have more fun!!

July of course is the biggy for Sunbeams,, at the Washington All Brit Meet. So many cars and people , I didn't get to see all the other cars that were there. On the way back broke a clutch pipe, smoke every where,, and almost had a problem, as long as you are moving ,, OK but do not stop.. Buggers!

In August we got out for a few runs small by some means but a couple of 100 miles and all well.

On the last week end of August we went camping ,,this time in the Chalet.. 3 days of great times with my old Air Force buddys wedding.

Sept,, The Portland All Brit meet and another great time.. AND HEY The Pumpkin recieved the first 1st place at an All Brit Meet.. :D :D

After the show we had a BBQ at the Christensens' place in Portland, the next day we joined with the White Series 1 Alpine( Bill and Sharon Smith) for a road trip. Out east then south to a place called Detroit OR. over the mountains and cross the rivers.. GREAT trip.. almost 200 miles.

So untill next time..
Chuck, Jane and The Pumpkin

Nickodell

Donation Time
IMHO the Razor-edge (Triumph's name) styling never looked right in the Mayflower, which is strange since this was quite elegant in the larger Renown, of which the Mayflower was essentially a shrunken version. Just goes to show that styling is beholden to many factors other than basic shape.