• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Weber

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
I would like to ask the members that are using the Weber DGV carb. if they are useing a spacer between the mainefold and the Carb.? Or just a gasket I am useing the stock main. that used the Solex PAIA carb.:cool:

65beam

Donation Time
George,
I use the spacer that was original to the solex carb that was used on the series 3 & 4. I have the 32/36 carb and it allows the secondary plate to open with no problems and it runs fine on the highway.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I forgot to put the spacer in when I first installed my 32/36, and then added it back in when I had to remove and re-install the carb a few years later. I am also using the stock manifold. Truthfully, I never noticed any difference.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
George,
I use the spacer that was original to the solex carb that was used on the series 3 & 4. I have the 32/36 carb and it allows the secondary plate to open with no problems and it runs fine on the highway.

Do you know the thickness of the plate? Did you use a thin gasket on both sides of the spacer? Thanks:cool:

65beam

Donation Time
George,
the spacer is roughly the thickness of the fuel pump spacer. I do use gaskets on each side of the spacer.