• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Weber DCOE Jetting Calculator

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Saw this recently posted on FB and thought I'd pass it on. It's a calculator that offers assistance in jetting the carbs in a single or multiple carb configuration. I wonder how close it calculates to what you all have?

https://www.carbparts.eu/calc/

alpine_64

Donation Time
Actually quite close. Mine sits right between the jetting recommendations for power and torque.. Which could be accounted for by cam and compression... That said... If someone had the basic formulas for webers this could be an excel sheet that gets you in the ball park and fine tune from there.... Which is where Weber carbs start costing $$$

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Actually quite close. Mine sits right between the jetting recommendations for power and torque.. Which could be accounted for by cam and compression... That said... If someone had the basic formulas for webers this could be an excel sheet that gets you in the ball park and fine tune from there.... Which is where Weber carbs start costing $$$
I imagine that the figures are from a table and not so much calculated as you would need to model the engine to know detailed items like idle jet, emulsion tube and AUX venturi. For small displacement it seems to always choose 5mm AUX chokes which are uncommon in the weber world. The jet size is spot on for the choke size, but the choke selected is a little optimistic for "flexibility" and very optimistic for "power".

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Any info for 32/36 DGV's?
For 2bbls like the DGV or DFV, this wont work for you since you dont have replaceable choke tubes.
If you tell us your choke sizes (marked on the side of the carb casting), we could recommend some main jets that should be in tuning range for your engine. As for idle jets, most folks seem to be doing well with 55F8 or 60F8 in both pri and sec positions.