• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Weber 32 DGR stalls

RootesRooter

Donation Time
My SV with a 32 DGR starts easily with some choke. It idles and runs at speed smoothly. But until it is completely warmed up to 85c, it dies at every intersection, either as I brake to a stop or when I start to let off the clutch to go again. Re-starting requires lots of choke for an instant, but then everything's fine again once I'm on the move. The idle mixture is currently at two turns. I don't know what jets it has.

Any clues?

RootesRich

Donation Time
My SV with a 32 DGR starts easily with some choke. It idles and runs at speed smoothly. But until it is completely warmed up to 85c, it dies at every intersection, either as I brake to a stop or when I start to let off the clutch to go again. Re-starting requires lots of choke for an instant, but then everything's fine again once I'm on the move. The idle mixture is currently at two turns. I don't know what jets it has.

Any clues?

Dick, I'd start by pulling the idle jets and see what's installed. Based on experience, the primary idle will need to be in the 60-70 range. The idle jets are the easiest to check as they screw in from the outside.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
A friend of mine just purchased a weber re-jetting kit, reasonably priced around $55. I was impressed with the various jets included, and as well as some detailed instructions. When I get one of my cars restored, I'll try out the kit myself.
Jan