• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Weather

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Hi Jim
Better start a thread here.If your bull frogs were croaking here they would croak their last.Ours go into hibernation.A few do it around our pond.Amazing they don't freeze out and die.
Did you get any of this system thats dumping snow all over.We missed it as we only had a light snow of 4 inches overnight.Does take about 5 minutes longer to go into town.Very nice and bright and temperature about -2 or 3 below 0 on the F scale.Sure warmed up overnight.
We don't have to go anywhere for shopping.I did buy a new roll of wire for the Mig so I don't need anything. Our grocery store is about a 10 minute walk.Liguor store the same distance.Every thing else is 15 minute drive.
With food and spirits what else do we need?
Chrisrtmas eve is at my wife's sister's Ukranian style.
Chrisrmas day is here so the house will be full.
The grandchilder do a performance as they all take music.This has become a wonderful tradition..
Again a peaceful Christmas to all

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Seattle finally got its snow. 3-8inches and it froze (15). Town shut down, buses crashing (look up the story on the two tour buses, yikes!), more expected tonite. My Subaru Forester has been a gem. May never buy another car. My Alpine is in the unheated garage under a tarp. I can hear it yelling for someone to turn up the heat a little...

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Here in Atlanta the temperature has dropped to ~65 degrees, with a front inbound.

Huge dark clouds are blowing in from the South, opposite the normal NW/se direction of the wind, which often indicates a bad storm of some type...

Allan

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Allan
65 F is like a cool summer day.even with a thunderstorm.Mind you can't go skiing and have apres ski on a bearskin rug in front of a nice fire and having some wine.Oh yes a blond helps.good thing my wife is a blond or I might be getting into trouble.

Eleven
Yes we saw some of your weather on the news.Also saw the tour buses.
Were they the same ones with the front over the edge of the bridge?
Also the east is getting some weather.Looks like it could be hard sledding.
My 2 Sunbeams .The Lister is out in the cold garage.The 62 is nice and warm in the shop.The Model A is out in one of those portable garages..

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yup, that's the buses. First one went down an icy road and hit a rail over I-5 (about a 30 ft drop). Second one turns and follows him down, punts him through the rail and fortunately, stopped there. A THIRD bus started to turn but either the driver pulled his head out or the screaming of the passengers resulted in some better sense. Would have driven the first one over the edge.

More snow and high winds tonite. Then a return to normal Seattle, rain. That will be a gawdawful mess. Foot of snow melting from the bottom up.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Chuck,

The part involving a fireplace sounds great :) . I have a fireplace, but only get to use it a few times a year. Weatherman indicates COLD on the way, so maybe me and my retrievers will have a good excuse to sack out and dream of better weather for Alpine driving...

Allan

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Chuck, a Ukie Christmas? It's been about twenty something years since I last celebrated one of those. I've got so many memories of those old fashioned traditional Christmas holidays, especially at the grandparents. So, what's on the menu? Pirogies, halupkies, paska, maybe some homemade mushroom soup?:D:D I hope you have a Merry Christmas Chuck!!! Jeff

Nickodell

Donation Time
You don't always need snow or ice:

Bus.jpg

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Chuck, a Ukie Christmas? It's been about twenty something years since I last celebrated one of those. I've got so many memories of those old fashioned traditional Christmas holidays, especially at the grandparents. So, what's on the menu? Pirogies, halupkies, paska, maybe some homemade mushroom soup?:D:D I hope you have a Merry Christmas Chuck!!! Jeff

The whole 12 dishes are on the menu.including the homemade mushroom soup.Of course what would it be without paska
The straw under the table with candies for the children instead of the nuts due to allergies
A peaceful christmas to you and yours

weaselkeeper

Silver Level Sponsor
Speaking of Weather.

Spent the day hunting ducks today in some very crappy weather. I left the house @ 0445 and drove a little over 100 miles on very crappy roads, with falling & blowing snow on icy roads. Breakfast with my dad and then we took off to the duck blind to set up before dawn. A few ducks braved the decoy set and paid a high price. Bailey (my georgous yellow labrador and one the two favorite blonds in my house) earned her food for this week as icycles were hanging off her after each retrieve. Don't dispair, she has a neopreme jacket that helps protect her and she waggs that rope like tail non-stop. By noon, we had used up all our fun for the day with the continued snow and wind. For those who may think the day was better spent in a warm garage working the 'pine, well maybe, or not. My 'pine comes back from the media blaster TOMORROW!! wooo hooo!! 100 miles back to the house on roads with another 8 hours of snow build up. Snow plows are busy today and I thank them for it. A number of vehicles didn't fare well and were in various stages of damage when they left the road. No obvious injuries, thankfully.

Am I complaining about the weather? Nope, bragging. Got to spend the day with two great dogs (dad has a black lab) in a duck blind and most of a day with my 72 y.o. dad. If I didn't have to pick up the 'pine tomorrow, I'd go again. Did I mention the fingers that are still sore from being so cold?

The only thing I don't like about winter is the painful decision to go hunting, show shoeing, or skiing. I love winter!!

weaselkeeper

Silver Level Sponsor
Sounds like you got your priorities straight..Maybe you had some good stuff in your coffee regarding show shoeing.

You're so right. Additives do help. And a bottle of Cabernet with crackers and wine tease my bride into going as well. The dog doesn't require teasing to go.