• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

We all still here??

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
All OK in Skiatook, OK

All the tornadoes missed us in Skiatook, OK. We just got some much needed rain. I made the effort to actually move the vacuum out of the closet yesterday evening when they were tracking the storms, so I was ready. Prayers for all those in Joplin, MO they really took a hit Sunday.

Donna
:D

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Checking in from Edmond, OK. The killer tornado that took out a section of Piedmont, OK was about eight miles due west of our house when it was doing that damage. My wife and I were standing in our back yard and we could hear a big rumble from the west. I thought it was thunder at first, but it finally dawned on me that the rumbling we were hearing was constant, sounding very much like a freight train. That's the first time I've ever heard a tornado from that far away. It was completely still at the time at our place...very eerie...truly, "the calm before the storm."

jack Bacon

Donation Time
North Minneapolis had major damage probably in the range of $200 million over a 3-4 mile area. It has been a wild spring with so much rain and maybe summer will be here sometime soon.

Jack

callie1

Donation Time
1967 Sunbeam Alpine For Sale

I have a 1967 Alpine for sale. The owner passed away and his widow would like to sell it. It has 46K miles on it. How do I post this on the forum?

Callie1

mikephillips

Donation Time
Callie1,
Best thing to do is an ad under the for sale forum. Try to be as specific as you can on colors, condition, rust you may see, asking price and so on. Pictures with or a link to them will help a lot too so that anyone with interest cal see for themselves. Pictures should include front and rear, both sides, interior, details and overall, engine compartment, trunk and underneath if you can get it up on a lift or other good lighting.

Good luck, there's gotta be someone out there interested.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I'm happy to see that everyone here is safe so far. All is well in St. Louis. We've had some serious damage this year - it seems to be holiday related, with one touching down not far from my house on New Year's Eve and the one on Good Friday that made international news by nearly destroyed the airport - but the Stone family has been safe and untouched. There were funnel clouds seen in St. Louis yesterday evening, but none touched down this time. "Much needed rain" is not a term you hear around here, we've had almost non-stop rain for two months. We get a day or two of sun, a day or three of rain, a little sun, more rain, etc. It is getting very old, very fast. But, it certainly beats the problems others are having this spring!

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Wish we'd get some of that rain around here. Wild fires are burning all over the state. The Okefenoke Swamp has been burning since lightning started in on April 28. Most of the swamp is in GA, but it has crossed into FL. It has burned around 150,000 acres. It's roughly 100 miles from me, but the smoke filled the sky. Glad no one in the group has reported and casualties from the storms.

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
One Week Later

Still the top of the news here, Joplin, MO. More horrific stories are being told and they keep finding more bodies, dead count up to 130 and still many missing. They seem to be having trouble with identifying some of the dead, I cannot imagine the agony of families going through something like this. The not knowing, no closure, then still picking up the pieces of what used to be your home.

Donna
:(

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
There was a program on NatGeo on cable last night on the Tornado Swarm. It's hard to imagine what these people have been through. My wife said it reminded her of the swarm of 1974. She lived in Fort Payne, AL and was racing one home.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Anyone know of any of our members are affected by this, and if so is there anything the rest of us can do or send?