• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Waterpumps and Victoria B

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
I ordered a waterpump from Victoria British. It looks to be decent quality except the by-pass boss for the hose running up to the thermo-housing is about an 1/8" too big in diameter. Kind of a pain.

The challenge will be taking a 3/4" hose and squeezing it down to fit the 5/8" fitting on the thermo housing. Or vis-a-versa try pushing a 5/8" hose onto a 3/4" fitting. Odd they didn't get that one right.

The good news is they have the pump - it is very cheap - and ships quick.

Steve

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Steve,
My guess about the problem is, that is why V/B is selling them! :D
(I'll bet the manufacturer relised the mistake, and V/B made them an offer for the whole lot)
Jan
Make sure that bypass has the small hole in it.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I ordered a waterpump from Victoria British. It looks to be decent quality except the by-pass boss for the hose running up to the thermo-housing is about an 1/8" too big in diameter. Kind of a pain.

The challenge will be taking a 3/4" hose and squeezing it down to fit the 5/8" fitting on the thermo housing. Or vis-a-versa try pushing a 5/8" hose onto a 3/4" fitting. Odd they didn't get that one right.

The good news is they have the pump - it is very cheap - and ships quick.

Steve

Steve, clean the thermo-housing outlet, build it with with some Universal Life Saver (JB Weld), let it harden, clean it up some with a file and install. Bet the JB will still be around and have to be scrapped off when you replace the pump.

Bill

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Waterpumps an Victoria British

I think most of their waterpumps are made in India and the quality is not all that great on some of them. One I ordered for my 67 MGB GT a while back had a poor casting with a void in it

Jack