• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Watercolor Sunbeam

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
I was gifted this amazing watercolor painting of my Sunbeam today from the prior owner.
The artist who created it is a regular at the car shows I attend. He will sketch and take photos of the cars during the show and then finish up the work later at home.

53510023949_bd95b83e2e_b.jpg

Here he is at work on another car..

53082092380_b352ccc2cd_b.jpg

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Talented artist and a nice surprise to see him painting the two Alfa Romeos. My first car was the same as the one on the right but mine sure did not look that good! Bought it for $600 when stationed in northern Minnesota. My next car was a $600 Sunbeam Tiger from Duluth. Sure can't find cars at those prices now.....

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
a nice surprise to see him painting the two Alfa Romeos

The group I belong to is called Fuelfed and they specialize in older european cars.. there are lots of really cool unusual vehicles that show up for a once or twice a month cars & coffee events.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Talented artist and a nice surprise to see him painting the two Alfa Romeos. My first car was the same as the one on the right but mine sure did not look that good! Bought it for $600 when stationed in northern Minnesota. My next car was a $600 Sunbeam Tiger from Duluth. Sure can't find cars at those prices now.....
Eric was yours a 2600 or 2000?

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
That looks like a 2000 on the left. On the right is a Giulia Spider 1600. Mine was a 1963 and red. Wonderful cars with a DOHC all alloy engine and 5 speed. Only problem was that so many people told me "what a nice Karmann Ghia" I got tired of hearing that. When I bought my first Sunbeam (a 1965 Tiger) no one ever thought that was a Karmann Ghia!

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I took my old Series IV to a concours event at Lime Rock Park probably 30 years ago. Was told
that the judges would write the car up and mail you things to fix to make it better , and score better.
I was a lot younger and naive about concours events as my Alpine was in no way concours condition.
Well, I waited for a couple of months and a letter appeared telling me that my car looked pretty good, especially
since there were no other Karman Ghias to judge it against! Guess who never entered a concours after that!