• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wanted - series 3 springs

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
What is the difference in the lengths between the two? Did not know there was any difference-may have a set here. I assume we are talking front springs? thanks, Eric

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I don't remember exactly how much shorter they are, but they are the shortest of the series Alpines.
I got mine from Victoria British, somewhere around $90 for the pair.

Cheers!
Steve

Alfred Pine

Silver Level Sponsor
What is the difference in the lengths between the two? Did not know there was any difference-may have a set here. I assume we are talking front springs? thanks, Eric

According to my research I should get about an inch drop from those...should you have some.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Hopefully they will be OK. I'm trying to think of 1 thing I bought from VB that worked/fit. An old timer I know said "I can't afford to buy cheap stuff". I now know what he meant.

Mike

65beam

Donation Time
Hopefully they will be OK. I'm trying to think of 1 thing I bought from VB that worked/fit. An old timer I know said "I can't afford to buy cheap stuff". I now know what he meant.

Mike
They're just one of two I know that never ship the right part.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
During the last few days I missed this POST!

A considerable difference in the SERIES III and Series V from what I can determine.
s III-------------------------------------------------sV
od = 4.40 ------------------------------------------4.47
static laden length = 7.375 ---------------------- ?
static laden loading(off car) = 950lbs. --------- ?
free length = 11.175 ------------------------------ 12.6

11.175 - 7.375 = 3.8 ------------------------------ ?

950 / 3.8 = 250 lbs. per inch-------------------- ?

Inside Dia: ---- ? --------------------------------- 3 3/8in

Can anyone provide an answer to the questions ( ? marks)