• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Wanted a filler neck for S1/S2 & steering wheel center

AlpineII

Donation Time
Bob,
I don't think I have a lot to offer here. The Series I/II gas tanks had a one-piece neck and filler end that was "welded" on as part of the tank. The best solution is to find another tank or at worst the neck from another tank and have it installed.

I have done a lot with the steering wheel. Mine was completely broken and I had to have an adapter from a motolita wheel wheel machined to match the end of the steering column. See attached. Consequently I had to manufacture a new way for the horn contact plate to work. She's done and working! Let me know what I can help with!

norville

Donation Time
Thanks, I was thinking I'd sleeve a new end on lower on the tank. Looks like PO had a locking cap on there and hack-sawed off the cap?? I went to the junk yard and found a filler end that might work. the cap is similar just a tad larger.

I'll keep you in mind when I get to the wheel. Wifey-poo want s a wooden wheel so, this may not be even needed. I just don't know how it goes together I have all the pieces except the center cap. I just don't know how the horn ring attaches to the rest of the wheel??

bob

AlpineII

Donation Time
Bob,
As you can see from the photo I attached, there is no horn ring with what I have done. The horn is activitated by pressing on the centre cap. Most of the after-market steering wheels do not allow for the re-installation off the original horn ring.

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Bob,
I had the same problem with our Series II. I was able to find an old Alpine and cut off the filler neck from the gas tank and use the same type hose/sleeve/coupling as on the later Series fuel lines that go from tank to tank. You will have to leave enough filler pipe on your tank to do the mod. Also, before you cut, check where your coupling will be in the boot so you will be able to have access to the coupling. Where are you located?