• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Waiting it out

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Got sent home from work, with the rest of my department. A coworker’s spouse, who was told he had the flu, was taken to the ER this morning. He was tested for both flu and Covid 19. They live in a neighborhood with a man who died earlier this week in the hospital from Covid 19. My coworker’s spouse apparently had contact with the deceased at a meeting a couple of weeks ago and subsequently became ill. So now I’m waiting for his test results.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Nearly my entire company was laid off today. We are an engineering firm that works in the ethanol field. Low oil prices and reduced gas demand have almost shut down the entire industry.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
God bless you all. My wife and I retired this past summer, and now we are living off of our savings (which have been hit VERY hard by the market losses). Fortunately we put about 5 years of future needed income into bonds, so we have that to back us up, but it's gonna be tight for a while.

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
UGH!!! My best friend since being 4 years old has it! He is doing well...home alone on day 5 his wife is with her mom for the interim

Stay safe all!!!

65beam

Donation Time
Doctors are talking about the odd severe flu cases they treated in the last three months. They are wondering if it was actually this beast.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Lot of speculation about that. My wife had what was diagnosed as an upper respiratory infection back in January. Pretty similar symptoms.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I just got back from a 9 day roadtrip a majority of which was secondary roads. Passed hundreds of closed small businesses in small towns. I fear for them.
Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Idaho.