• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

VTO New LAT 70 Style Wheels

alpine_64

Donation Time
Joel as always lovely work, but does your custom front suspension allow easier fitment of wider wheels? Is the hub postioning the same, do your wheels turn the same arc?

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Joel as always lovely work, but does your custom front suspension allow easier fitment of wider wheels? Is the hub postioning the same, do your wheels turn the same arc?
7"front wheels ,3.5 turns ltl track width 51" adjustable. Same arc? Never plotted it out seemed like a bother considering what I achieved.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Joel, i guess what im suggesting is your improved setup probably lets the wheels turn a differemt arc relative to bodywork... Im not sure a stock alpine or tiger could wear 7x15s and not have contact with front valence

65beam

Donation Time
Joel,
Knowing you I would say you built the body to accommodate what you planned to build as far as suspension, tires, wheels, etc. Your changes could be a problem for a stock body car. Am I correct in thinking that?

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Joel, i guess what im suggesting is your improved setup probably lets the wheels turn a differemt arc relative to bodywork... Im not sure a stock alpine or tiger could wear 7x15s and not have contact with front valence
Your right in that comment,however if yo could find a wheel with more back space the problem would not present it self,and for something more to think about, I have also machined my own hubs narrowing the front track to use a wider wheel not this car. And this is a stock body and you'd be hard pressed to get away with not triming the Valance with some of the tire/wheel combinations.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Joel,
Knowing you I would say you built the body to accommodate what you planned to build as far as suspension, tires, wheels, etc. Your changes could be a problem for a stock body car. Am I correct in thinking that?
Bob,. This is a stock body everything was thought out as to track width/wheel offset/etc so everything would fit within the sheet metal with out flares etc.I also forgot to mention wheelbase!

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
Bob,. This is a stock body everything was thought out as to track width/wheel offset/etc so everything would fit within the sheet metal with out flares etc.I also forgot to mention wheelbase!
Joel,
I knew it was stock but you gave the answer that showed you knew what you were going to do and you built around that. Jean just mentioned if you have ever thought about how many cars you worked on over your years in racing?

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Joel,
I knew it was stock but you gave the answer that showed you knew what you were going to do and you built around that. Jean just mentioned if you have ever thought about how many cars you worked on over your years in racing?
Bob,. So 20 different teams 56 different cars plus some off road stuff that doesn't include all the side vintage stuff or the top fuel guys.
I had to sit here think about all that to answer Jeans question.

Last edited: